Celtic Connections is one of the biggest festival for Celtic Music. This year more than 2000 artists took part in the festival from 21 Jan – 5 Feb 2017
Many of my favorite artists and bands were part of the festival:
- Kathy Fink & Marcy Marxer
- Derek Gripper
- Tommy Emmanuel
- Maro O’Connor with his Family Band
- Jayme Stone
- Sarah Jarosz
- Hamilton de Holanda
- Laura Marling
- Julie Fowlis
- Eliza Carthy
- Wildwood Kin
- Mike Compton
And I had the chance to find some gret new bands that I did not know before:
- Slododan Trkulja and Balkanopolis
- Atlantic Arc Orchestra
- Karan Casey Band
- Le Vent du Nord and De Temps Antan
I have collected videos from the Celtic Connections 2017 in the following playlist. Enjoy!
Playlist Celtic Connections 2017
Website Celtic Connections
BBC Celtic Connections – Audio and video performances from the BBC at Celtic Connections
Celtic Connections – Program overview (folkradio.co.uk)
Link collection Celtic Connections
Last summer the EGMYO (European Guitar and Mandolin Youth Orchestra) has met in Germany for a workshop and two concerts.
The workshop was organized by the Bund Deutscher Zupfmusiker (German plucked strings association). Now a set of videos about the workshop and the concerts is available. The workshop took place from July 30 to August 8 in the Otzenhausen (EAO) in Saarland in Germany.
The participants were about 50 young mandolin and guitar players from whole Europe, from Portugal in the south to Scotland in the north of Europe.
EGMYO 2016 – The Movie presentsthe participants, the team, the accordion-soloist Daniel Roth, the organisation, the rehearsals and the program in detail. The composer Marcel Wengler explains his composition “Konstellationen” which some of the players named the most interesting composition of the program.
The second playlist EGMYO 2016 contains the complete videos of the final concert on August 7, 2016 which took place in the Academy in Otzenhausen. The concert from August 6 in Echternach is also availabe as a video.
The program was composed of some very interesting compositions for plucked strings orchestra, including two pieces with accordion solo.
- Norbert Sprongl (1892-1983) – Tanz-Suite op.103
- Marcel Wengler (*1946) – Konstellationen and Wedding Dance
- Luigi Salamon – Latin Bridge
- Kenji Suehiro (*1979) – Meteorshower
- Hiromitsu Kagajo (*1961) – Black Out
- Bernard van Beurden: 4 Movements for Accordion and Mandolin and Guitar
- Astor Piazzolla: Oblivion for accordion ansd plucked strings orchestra
- Dominik Hackner: Danza Cubana
- Giuseppe Manente: Reverie du Poète (arr. Dominik Hackner)
- Armin Kaufmann: Mitoka Dragomirna op.62 (arr Vinzenz Hladky)
Playliste EGMYO 2016 – The Movie
Playliste EGMYO 2016 – The Concert
Read more “European Guitar and Mandolin Youth Orchestra (EGMYO) – Workshop and Concerts 2016”