The TonArt Quartet is a profesional mandolin ensemble composed of
- Sabine Marz – mandolin
- Natalia Korsak – mandolin
- Nicholas Maretsky – mandola
- Marina Romeyko – piano
This quartet has given a concert in the Philharmony in Minsk on October 24th 2014. A set of videos from this concert is available at youtube.
The TonArt quartet has played a program of works by Johannes Brahms, Antonin Dvorak, Felix Mendelssohn-Bartholdy, Raffaele Calace, Mikis Theodorakis, Yasuo Kuwahara.
As a part of this concert obviously there was also a performance by the new mandolin- and guitar-ensemble EXPRESSION, one video shows this mandolin orchestra with a piece composed by Claudio Mandolico.
Playlist TonArt Quartet
- Sirtaki – Mikis Theodorakis
- Ouvertüre from I Gitonia ton Angelon (Viertel der Engel, Kambanellis) – Mikis Theodorakis
- “Stomp” – Claudio Mandonico (Guitar Mandolin Orchestra EXPRESSION)
- Sabre Dance – Aram Khachaturian
- Slavian Dance No. 2 – Antonin Dvorak
- Hungarian Dance No. 1 in g-minor – Johannes Brahms.
- Saltarello – Raffaele Calace
- Dance of the fire – Yasuo Kuwahara
- Saltarello from the Italian Symphony – F. Mendelssohn-Bartholdy
- Mikis Theodorakis Popular Orchestra “I Gitonia Ton Aggelon” Instrumental (Live) (to compare with the arrangement by the TonArt quartet)
I have discovered Dry and Dusty in the youtube channel Mark’s Memories and I have listened to the show they played at the Portland Oldtime Music Gathering now for several times.
Description from the Dry and Dusty facebook page
Dry and Dusty is an old-time sister duo from Bellingham and sometimes Spokane, Washington. The band is made up of Ruthie and Sally Jablonsky, who grew up playing music with their parents, hiking around in the desert singing cowboy songs, and learning the old tunes from their extended family at festivals and camps.
Dry and Dusty are playing and singing a great program of songs and instrumentals, with great harmony singing, a variety of instrumental combinations and humorous dialogs between the songs. If you like oldtime music you should watch the complete playlist.
Big Truck Driving Man is one of the great songs with mandolin and guitar accompaniment:
08 Dry And Dusty 2014-01-18 Big Truck Driving Man
Sally does also play the banjo in clawhammer style – a great example is the last song of the show:
14 Dry And Dusty 2014-01-18 Morning Bell
Playlist – Dry And Dusty live at the Portland Oldtime Music Gathering in Portland, Oregon on 1/18/2014.
Dry And Dusty live at the Portland Oldtime Music Gathering in Portland, Oregon on 1/18/2014 performing Sal, Would You Marry Me.
Sally Jablonsky: guitar, mandolin, banjo and vocals
Ruthie Jablonsky: guitar, fiddle and vocals
Support the artists by seeing them live and buying their official merchandise.
Visit: https://www.facebook.com/dryanddusty http://www.bubbaguitar.com/gathering/
Set list: Sal, Would You Marry Me / Weary Blues / Chadwell’s Station / Katie Dear / Paradise / Old Granny Blair / Mean Mama / Big Truck Driving Man / Instrumental / The Dying Californian / Glitter / Jenny Baker / Maybe Someday / Morning Bell